Who we are
Our website address is: https://walwyncourt.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited while on our website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our websites and services that depend on cookies.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We may share your personal information with:
- Our employees and contractors as is necessary in order to provide our services to you;
- Service providers, acting as processors who provide IT, system administration services, website hosting and support, marketing services and other services;
- Professional advisors, including bankers, lawyers, auditors, accountants, insurers who provide us services;
- Our preferred insurance provider(s) (if you purchase the personal travel insurance policy we offer);
- Credit/debit card companies;
- Payment service providers;
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities;
- Third parties who we may need to work with to deliver services or fulfil travel plans on your behalf, for example, resorts, holiday parks, management companies, owners’ associations, airlines, ferry companies;
- Third party booking or distribution platforms and travel agents and third party partners;
- Third parties whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets or businesses we acquire or merge with. If such a change to our business occurs, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. Third parties are only permitted to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:
We want to give you the best possible customer experience whilst respecting your privacy, therefore we may use the ground of legitimate interest as a lawful basis to process your personal information.
We may use your name and contact details to tell you about our own products and services that we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range or success of services.
We may share your email address with Google and/or Facebook (acting as our processors) for them to use on our behalf in connection with the creation of marketing and promotion for us, as well as to enhance your experience as a guest or as a customer to our website. This may include Google and/or Facebook using their socio-demographic information about you to identify other people like you, with similar interests to present our marketing to. This socio-demographic information is not used for any other purpose nor shared with any other party. No information about other individuals identified from these networks is shared with us at any time.
We may also share your contact details and booking information with our third party review administrator(s) who may contact you to ask for your comments on the accommodation and/or services that have been provided.
We may also use your personal information in the event of a travel crisis or other unforeseen travel incident whereby we may need to provide your contact details to a third party to allocate you with emergency assistance.
We may ask your consent to share your name and contact details with selected third parties companies so that they can tell you about their products and services.
You can withdraw your consent at any time, by clicking on the ‘opt-out’ or ‘unsubscribe’ option at the end of any marketing email we have sent to you, or by contacting us (see paragraph 14 below).
We may also disclose your personal information without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation. This includes providing your personal information to public and/or government authorities, relevant third parties or other organisations if we are legally required or permitted to do so, or if we, in good faith, believe that such use is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation, process or request;
- Comply with government direction in respect of NHS Test and Trace;
- Enforce our booking conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential breach;
- Detect or prevent crime;
- Address security, fraud or technical issues;
- Protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, owners, customers, employees, contractors, a third party or the public;
- As required by any legal or taxation authority and to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
Updating Your Details?
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and correct. Please tell us if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
If you would like to change any of your personal information or preferences relating to the way in which we use your personal information, including for direct marketing, then please update your user preferences or get in touch.